The Higher Council for Environment and Natural Resources (HCENR) has received a grant from GCF through UNDP to implement a Project titled: Building resilience in the face of climate change within traditional rain fed agricultural and pastoral systems in Sudan. The implementation will cover nine States of Sudan, namely West Darfour, Central Darfour, East Darfour, West Kordofan, South Kordofan, Red Sea, Kassala, Northern and Khartoum.
The project is based on the National Adaptation Plan, it supports climate change adaptation efforts among subsistence agro-pastoralist and nomadic pastoralist communities in dryland zones across nine states in Sudan. Its overall goal is to promote a paradigm shift in dryland pastoral and farming systems through an integrated approach by increasing resilience of food production systems; improving availability/access to climate resilient water sources; and strengthening capacities of institutions/communities on climate resilience. Specifically, the project addresses three major strategic elements as follows:
· Resilience of food production systems and food insecure communities improved in the face of climate change in Sudan, benefiting at least 200,000 households and farmer and pastoralist with 35% women
· Improved access of water for human, livestock and irrigation to sustain livelihoods in the face of climatic risks in the nine targeted states benefiting at least 200,000 households
· Strengthened capacities and knowledge of institutions and communities on climate change resilience and adaptation
In this context HCENR is seeking Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Specialist (M&E):
Post: Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Specialist (M&E)
Project: Building resilience in the face of climate change within traditional rain fed agricultural and pastoral systems in Sudan
Application Deadline: 12 June 2021 at 2.00 pm
Duration of the project 5 years
Expected starting date: 1st July 2021
Duration of contract: For the duration of the project, renewable every year based on satisfactory performance
Duty Station Khartoum State with travel to nine states, West Darfour, Central Darfour, East Darfour, West Kordofan, South Kordofan, Red Sea, Kassala, Northern and Khartoum
Scope of work and Responsibilities
The M&E Specialist will be accountable to the Secretary General of HCENR, UNDP and will reporting directly to the NPM. The M&E Specialist under supervision of the NPM will fulfill the following duties and responsibilities:
· Develop detail procedure and workplan, (include the exact role of project target groups and other stakeholders in project M&E activities), for implementing the monitoring and evaluation plan of the project results framework, in line with mandatory requirements of UNDP and GCF.
· Prepare, in addition to mandatory UNDP and GCF M&E requirements, other M&E activities deemed necessary to support project-level adaptive management
· Provide guidance and train state-level project manager on details of M&E plan and procedure
· Monitor the project progress towards achieving its planned outputs and the effectiveness of the implementation of the planned activities
· Record and document progress, lessons learned and feedback for consideration and action by the project Board
· Implement, elaborate and update the project monitoring and evaluation plans as required, based on the project actual operation and feedback
· Support the preparation of the Annual Project Reports and its presentation for to the Project Board consideration;
· Support the preparation of the project annual work plans
· Assist the preparation of evaluation reports and processes as per the GCF/UNDP guidance,
· Support the organization of Board, technical committee, workshops, training sessions and other project events in Khartoum and the states
· University degree in social and natural science or any other relevant field,
· Demonstrated working experiences of about 7 years in relevant projects and programme
· Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to adapt work in culturally diverse circumstances.
· Experiences in working with UN funded project and familiarity with their M&E and reporting systems. Ability to with governments and UN agencies collaboration projects.
· Good analytical skills and of knowledge of relevant computer applications and information management and dissemination.
· Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team
· Ability to work with multiple states projects with diverse circumstances
· Excellent command of English including writing and communication skills.
· Ready to work under pressure and support related personal and partners
· Women’s are encourage to apply.
Qualified and interested candidates are hereby requested to apply. The application should contain the following:
· An application letter that briefly describes the interest and why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment;
· Personal CV (max 5 pages) of the Applicant indicating his/her education background, professional qualifications, all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of professional references;
· Applicants should submit application letter together with curriculum vitae (including current address and contact number), copies (only) of relevant certificate and be able to provide any supporting documents may be required.
· Completed applications and supporting documents should be submitted to:
The office of the Secretary General of HCENR
Mekk Nimir Street – Khartoum P.O Box 10488 or by email to: HCENR2005@yahoo.com
Only short listed will be contact.